Saari bhoomi Gopal ki, Jai Kanhaiya Laal Ki !! The festival food frenzy is finally here and the binge has just begun…YaaaaY! So Janmashtami fell on a week day this year, but that didn’t deter our excitement. Of course making an elaborate bhog was out of question, so I thought of treating Kanhaiya Laal to some decadent Nariyal ke Laddoo [Coconut laddoos]. They are ridiculously simple to make and churn out in a matter of minutes.
- 1 fresh coconut; grated
- 400 gms condensed milk
- 200 gms desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- ½ tsp. nutmeg powder
- Pistachio slivers
- In a nonstick kadhai tip in the fresh grated coconut and the condensed milk
- Add the nutmeg powder and the green cardamom powder
- Work this mixture for around 20 minutes till the mixture thickens .The consistency should be thick enough to be rolled out into laddoos
- Allow this mixture to cool down
- Tip in the desiccated coconut on a plate
- Once the mixture has cooled down, apply some ghee on your hands and shape them into equal sized balls
- Roll the laddoos in the desiccated coconut
- Decorate each laddoo with a sliver of pistachio. You could use almond flakes or raisins instead
Enjoy! These laddoos last for around 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
Jai Shri Krishna!!